Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yoshi's Woolly World!

This will be game blogentry, yet still yarn related... So now you're warned!

Right now, E3 is going on in Los Angeles. What is E3 you ask? Electronic Entertainment Expo. A gigantic gaming convention where the most popular and famous game producers come together to show the world their upcomming games.  Then why am I talking about this on a crafting blog?
Well, I am a gigantic gaming nerd. I love games, I always have and they're a huge part of my life. If you've been following my blog for some time, you might have seen some of my game related tattoo's and shirts. And even though all that's fine and all, this still isn't really a gaming blog. So let's put some craft into the mix, shall we?

Last year, Nintendo announced a new game where you got Yoshi in this world created of yarn. And today, during their E3 "press conference" they showed more of this new game and also revealed the name: Yoshi's Woolly World. How awesome is that?

A whole game where everything is yarn related! And this isnt' the first one either. In 010, Nintendo released a game where Kirby is locked up in a world of yarn, called Kirby's Epic Yarn. But this time, it's Yoshi's turn! You know, the green dinosaur that Mario rides around on? Everybody knows Yoshi. And in this game, he's crocheted! I can allready see that the whole gaming yarnsters out there will be crocheting Yoshi's for years to come.

The whole game is knit, crochet and sewn.

So cute and so much fun!
What else's so amazing is that they showed us and talked about how they came to creating this, and we see two of the directors and producers sitting in a yarn shop, talking about yarn and how they wanted it all to look. I was sold as soon as they walked into the yarn shop. I love this!

Too much fun and it just goes to show that Nintendo cater to every type of fan they got. I love Nintendo, I always will, and now I need a god damn crochet Yoshi sitting on my shelf!

The game will be released some time next year for the Wii U.

No comments:

Post a Comment