Monday, January 6, 2014

Tired of stitching...

I never learn. I haven't done this on many projects, but damn, I really should learn NOT to do this on future projects. My mind thinks that it saves time and yarn, but in reality it takes more yarn and more time...and more of my sanity...if I even have any left...

Sewing any kind of image, letters, decorations...what have you on any kind of knitwork (or crochet for that matter) is boring and it really takes forever. Since I'm not that good with sewing to begin with, it feels even more tedious and turns out even uglier than if I were good at it.
Except from doing the thumb, this is all progress I've done today...and that's saying something! I'm still on the first glove for Joe Pesci's sake! Please don't look too closely on the stitching... I know it's uneven and ugly... hopefully the felting will even it more out and hide the uglyness...
 
For being the first fresh project of the year, it sure is a nightmare. It is litterally giving me a headache and it's grumping me out...not to mention the lack of winter outside are making them kinda worthless and a waste of time... I need to start a different project before these end up in the blender...

Bottom line: no snow, no cold, Americans complaining about having "too much snow and cold" and a tedious project doesn't sit well with me when mixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment