Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WIP Setesdal's mittens!

Since the 14th of october marks the first day of winter on the runic calendar, I decided (along with the rest of yarnster Norway) to work on mittens this day!
Now, I've had this pair of Setesdals mittens in burgundy and ochre/gold lying around that I started in mid august but never really finished. I do love this colour combination (no, it does not stand for Gryffindor, that's red) and I love the Setesdal pattern, so of course I needed to finish them up! But looking at my stitches, I decided to frog it and start over. I do prefer to work fair-isle on circular needles, and I started these on DPN's since I didn't think my 30cm circulars would be small enough. But they just about worked, and my stitches are way cleaner already!

I can't wait to have these finished! I really should have been making more mittens before christmas...so I think perhaps I need to wait with my sock and sweater fever and get some hand wear out of the way first. It's kinda annoying with mittens, they have more ends to weave in than socks... Danged fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment