Monday, June 2, 2014

Ugly yoga scrap socks!

My appologies to you if you have phobias for feet.

I'm a sock person...or atleast I've become a sock person in my older years...and I'm still only 25 here... When I was a child, I was more of a bare feet person, but as I've grown older, I've become more and more obsessed with socks. Expecially wool socks or homemade socks if you like. Since I picked up the needles again, 4-5 years ago, it has just gotten worse. I wear my wool socks every day, all year around, so I'm very happy that we got cold floors in this appartment.
I don't wear socks because my feet are cold, no, I wear wool socks because it's comfy and cuddly. I even sleep with them! But in the warmest of summer, it can get too much, even for me some days... And I do miss sleeping with my wool socks on, but if I put them on, I wake up in the middle of the night and gots removes thems.

Then suddenly, I came across this one blog that said she had made yoga socks to wear during those warm summer nights! And it felt like I was struck by lightning! Ofcourse! Why haven't I thought of that yet? Didn't take long though before I casted on a pair. No particular pattern. I used 3mm needles to get them a bit tighter, 50 stitches and worked 1k, 1p ribbing for the whole sock pretty much.

I've now worn them two nights allready and I must say that it's successful!

But other than finishing up these, there's not much to document from me. Minecraft and Mario Kart 8 has sucked me back into the world of games for now, and I'm enjoying it while I still can since I don't have any major projects that has a timer set on them. I do pick up my summer pullover and work a few rounds now and then though. But there's no more progress on my dishcloth designs, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment