Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yarn trip!

First of: sorry for no blog entry yesterday. Not really much noticable progress made on the rompers so I decided not to bother updating...

Oh man... Today I decided to run to the physically Spar Kjøp store, located an 15 minutes bus ride away from where I live. Concidering shipping, waiting and yarn price, it was cheaper for me to actually go there than to order yarn online. Now, I was hoping to buy as little yarn as possible this year...guess that's shot to hell allready. And mom, calm down and don't freakin' flip out over this! Ok?

The reason why I decided  to go to this store for a yarn hunt was because I've been wanting to make myself an awesome sweater, and I needed yarn. The webstore of Spar Kjøp has a limited yarn supply and colors, so to even get the colors I wanted for this sweater, I'd have to go over there or forget about it. Why did I need this yarn NOW? Well, one of my favorite dA groups got a contest going this month, which is "comics" and I've been dying to make myself a Batman  fair-isle sweater ever since! Since the online store neither had yellow or black yarn, I had to go there myself...as I've now said a million times over... Sorry for rambling...

I figured Silja would be a good an cheap yarn to work with. All my current knitted sweaters are kinda thick so it would be nice with a thinner one. It's also more like a sock yarn, but sock yarn makes for great and strong sweaters! I always buy a little extra yarn, so the rest from this sweater will go to the Pickles skirt I've been talking about. Speaking of which... I did manage to grab some yarn for that too to make it more varieated. The yarn I had lying around at home didn't really fit well together, so I just grabbed some colors that I liked from the store, so hopefully it'll do nicely in a colorfull skirt!

Earlier today, Annet posted this Drops pattern on my Facebook wall, asking "innocently" if I could make her a pair. I can't say no to friends and I knew that Spar Kjøp had some cheap, chunky wool yarn, so I bought some Cortina in a pretty red color for her. And again, I bought a few skeins extra...just in case... They're good for felting so leftover yarn will go to felted slippers anyway!

Then at long last, I walked past the Rubin yarn and I saw this amazingly teal color (it has a more green tint to it IRL...stupid flash). Rubin is one of my favorite brands for fair-isle socks, so I know I'll be making a beautiful pair with these! Also another skein of yellow Baby Ull for baby CarCar as I'm more than likely to run out before I can make a matching jacket for the rompers...

Yeah, all in all, this was a great haul! And I did manage to get other stuff too. Bård needed a new pair of sweat pants since his current pair is full of holes, so that was an easy fix at Spar Kjøp. Also got him a pack of new socks. I'm getting rather tired of him running around with socks full of holes... Men...am I right??? He's rather sceptical about my yarn though...he thinks I'm going to bury him alive in it...

For myself I picked up some new shampoo and conditioner since it's cheaper over there than at the local grocery store, as well as a 50% off bra. I also found these adorable packages of paper napkinds that I just had to get! Only 7NOK ($1.11) for each pack! My mother and I collect paper napkinds and we don't have these in our collection...that and I really need to have some around for future coffee guests...

Other things worth mentioning, the set of felting needles I bought for only 11,50NOK ($1.82) on eBay arrived today, and I also got my ass over to the post office to grab the buttons for Jackie! I'll finish up Jackie soon enough and get a photoshoot for you guys!

All in all this was a pretty neat yarn haul! I need to tell Bård not to let me go there more often... Just look at this yarn selection! *drools*

No comments:

Post a Comment