Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Progress of the day - 18th of feb

Again, it's been too long since I did one of these... I would have done one yesterday, but DropBox was being an ass and wouldn't let me upload pictures to the computer from my phone, so I didn't get the chance to post anything.

Anyway! Now that Batman is finished, I've picked up the rompers for baby CarCar. I'm more or less finished with the knitting part, gonna weave in the ends and finish what I got. I am planning on doing the remaining knitting (neckline and those things) after I've heard the gender. The blue color I got was too bold to work with the other gender neutral colors without feelin too "manly", so I'm waiting to hear if it's a boy (and then do the remaining in blue) or a girl (do the remaining in either purple or yellow).

I've also started a little something for Pepsi. Last week, someone posted a picture of a crochet hammock for cats hanging under a chair and I knew that I had to try and make one for Pepsi. He'll most likely ignore it since he doesn't like to lie soft for some reason...but I want to try! So I pulled out this Caron skein that I got from Tiffany and some blue polyester yarn I had and started crocheting a flat, sturdy piece with single crochet. I hate working with synthetic yarn! It's horrible! But for Pepsi and as an experiment, acryllic and polyester gives a better and sturdier result than wool would have. It doesn't stretch much.

2 comments:

  1. oooohhhh!! The rompers looks so pretty already! Can't wait to see it finished!

    I really like the combination of red and blue for the hammock. It will show you where Pepsi is and it looks totally fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I hope he'll use it. I'm making it as sturdy and stiff as possible so hopefully he'll approve it more...weird cat...

      Delete